Books and entertainment help shape our beliefs and life. I’m sharing my favorites of this past year with you and hope that you choose your influences wisely in 2013. I recommend contemporary and classic works, both fiction and non-fiction. Reply with a comment to make a suggestion for me!
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, 1942.
- The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, Thomas Nelson, 2009.
- Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller, Thomas Nelson, 2003.
- Humility by Andrew Murray, originally published in 1895.
- Secret Believers: What Happens When Muslims Believe in Christ by Brother Andrew and Al Janssen, Revell, 2007.
- Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef, Tyndale House Publishers, 2011.
- When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin, Thomas Nelson, 2006.
- The Imam’s Daughter: My Desperate Flight to Freedom by Hannah Shah, Zondervan, 2010.
- Confessions by Saint Augustine, originally published in 397.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, originally published in 1813.
- Give Us Rest or (a requiem mass in c [the happiest of all keys]) by David Crowder Band, EMI, 2012.
- The Great Awakening by Leeland, Essential Records, 2011.
- Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons, Glass Note, 2010.
- Blue Like Jazz, Roadside Attractions, 2012.
- Forever Strong, Go Films, 2008.
- Mighty Macs, Quaker Media, 2011.
- Downton Abbey, PBS